Malcesine has been awarded the Bandiera Lilla (lilac flag), recognition of the town’s efforts to ensure accessible tourism for all.
Set up in 2012, the Bandiera Lilla project promotes tourism in Italy for people with disabilities. It aims to raise awareness in tourist destinations and resorts, as well as among accommodation providers, to remove physical, sensory and cultural barriers. By doing so, everyone is available to take join in with events and activities in an accessible and safe manner.
We have achieved this goal by achieving all of the award criteria. This is a way of continuing to grow and develop our region.
This is a way of continuing to grow and develop our region.
The purpose is to assist our guests through a particular focus on issues of accessibility, which we believe is crucial for any visitor.
Obtaining the Bandiera Lilla award provides us with access to a supportive network for developing projects and training programmes to share with tourist operators and local associations.
Focusing on disability issues and an openness to tackle them have become key features, including when it comes to sport. In recent years partnerships have been developed with associations that improve activities for people with special needs.
In Malcesine, we offer a range of accessible services. Pavements, parks, and historic buildings are available for everyone to enjoy thanks to the innovative solutions devised.
In addition, a number of new projects are underway to facilitate, improve and promote inclusive hospitality for people with disabilities and to remove all structural barriers from Malcesine
Some of our services:
- CAR PARKING: cars displaying a European parking card for people with disabilities can park for free in the spaces marked in blue in the town. There are also specific marked car parking spaces for people with disabilities.
- PUBLIC LIBRARY: Accessible building, audiobooks available
- MALCESINE-MONTE BALDO CABLE CAR: the cable car from Malcesine to Monte Baldo has no structural barriers and allows everyone to travel to the top of Monte Baldo.
- CYCLEPATH: the cyclepath along the shore of the lake has no physical barriers.
- PALAZZO DEI CAPITANI: accessible venue used for concerts, meetings, and cultural events.
- FRAGLIA DELLA VELA: the Malcesine sailing club is fully barrier-free and can be reached via the cyclepath and/or by vehicle.
- CHURCH OF SANTO STEFANO: the church is barrier-free and accessible to all.